Regular readers of this blog (of which, sadly, there are still none) will no doubt realize that it has been a while since your Humble Monkey has posted one of his pithy pieces of prose.
The reason for this dearth of production, dear readers, is as old as time itself. Writer’s block.
That’s right, the dreaded writer’s block has hit your Monkey like a sledgehammer, leaving him awash in a sea of self doubt, marooned in the dunes of despair, and stranded on the shores of “can’t write no more.”
So in an attempt to get the juices flowing, here are a series of bad jokes about girls I used to date:
- I dated a girl who worked in a bakery once, but we had to break up because she was too kneady.
- I dated a girl who worked for the IRS once, but we had to break up because she was too withholding.
- I dated a Pigmy girl once, but we had to break up because she was always being short with me.
- I dated a girl who worked at a hotel once, but we had to break up because I caught her checking out other people.
- I dated an Eskimo girl once, but we had to break up because she just wasn’t Inuit.