Every so often, your Monkey jumps onto this blog and makes big promises about how he is going to start posting on the regular and how things are going to be different this time. That he is going to dedicate his time and energy to growing his regular readership from no readers to one or two by the end of the year.
But, as usual, these big claims are followed up by crickets and dust bunnies. This blog has sat empty and forgotten while everyone else is out having fun in the summer sun. Why is that?
Is it because your Monkey is a lot better at making promises than he is at keeping them? Is it that his full time job and part time jobs keep him too busy to post? Is that he runs out of ideas for posts faster than Walmart runs out of human dignity on Black Friday?
Perhaps, but perhaps not. Here are some of the activities that have occupied the time he would usually spend on this blog:
- Writing the great American novel
- Reading the great American Buzz Feed quiz
- Eating the great American cheese slice
- Posting inspirational memes on Facebook
- Trapping my neighbors, friends and relatives in a Ponzi scheme
- Rescuing kittens that are trapped in trees
- Tying kittens to tree branches and then running away giggling
- Walking like an Egyptian
- Dressing like a 1980s cop and Walking Like an Egyptian (watch the video and you’ll dig this one)
- Poaching eggs
- Poaching tigers
- Approaching tigers
- Reproaching tigers for being so mean
- Creating a passenger train for passenger pigeons
- Remembering that passenger pigeons are extinct
- Trying to bring passenger pigeons back to life using pigeon DNA trapped in amber a la Jurassic Park
- Sorting through rejection letters for new screenplay “Passenger Pigeon Park.”
- Abandoning plans for sequel; “Pigeons 2: the Passenger Bugaloo”